This teriyaki sauce is slightly thicker than my teryaki marinade. It is works nicely when you want to have a nice glaze like on this Teriyaki Meatloaf or if you just need a good teiyaki sauce for serving on the side of your favorite rice dish.
Thick Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 cups mirin
- 2 cups sake
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 6 slices ginger, smashed
- Combine the mirin and sake in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 2 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Add the sugar and cook until dissolved.
- Add the soy sauce and ginger and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Turn the heat to medium an continue to cook for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens to a thin syrup.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep for several months.